Saturday, June 23, 2012

DD PHONE IN

Okay, I've been very busy at work lately trying to get an analysis report wrapped up before I go on vacation next week.  So even though I'm enjoying one of my early-off Fridays, I don't really want to sit in front of the computer and try to compose something with all the hub-bub going on right now with six kids home from school.  Besides it's my last weekend at home for a while and I need to catch up on my reading! So, partly out of necessity and partly in response to Lee's call for brevity, I'm presenting a cover -- a single cover.

I almost missed how cool this cover was until I started questioning something. See if you can figure it out and we'll chat quickly after the break.




The first thing I noticed was the freckles on Doom's mask.  Then I saw that it was braile for "DOOM".  I know it should be obvious, but it was so subtle (probably because it was so enlarged) that it didn't jump out at me.

The issue itself was really good too and the ending was phenomenal.  I thought about doing a review of the whole book, but then my local store spilled the beans on the final splash and it just didn't seem worth it anymore.  Daredevil is still the BEST Marvel book on the stands.

"ET Phone Home" now "DD Phone IN" or more precisely MM phoning IT in.  We do share the same first name and initials. : )

I should have several posts queued up while I'm away, so be sure to come back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment