Friday, September 26, 2008

A Fistful of Reviews: Belated

For now on, while I'm in classes (which basically means forever =/), my reviews will be about two weeks behind so I have enough time to read them as opposed to cramming when I get my books in the mail. Cramming comics makes them less fun, so this way works better :)





I Kill Giants #2 (Image)


I really love this book. Nimura's character expressions are phenomenal! The story is so much fun and you really feel like the kids are real people. The new girl, Sophie, is a great addition. I can't wait to read the next issue. If you haven't given this book a shot I'd highly recommend it to just about anyone.




B.P.R.D - The Warning #3 (Dark Horse)


For some reason I can't remember what happened in issue three =/ I may have missed reading it somewhere in the school and work madness *sigh* I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it. Despite the story gap I still really like this issue. I have a great fondness for Johan and Abe so I liked there little team up. Also robots of mass destruction almost always make my day a little brighter!




Wonder Woman #24 (DC)


Gail Simone has certaintly made me more interested in this book but this issue dragged a bit. The whole boyfriend meeting Mom was kind of amusing though.




Grimm Fairy Tales #30 (Zenescope)


I was glad to see Sela again this issue. The art seemed a bit better as well. This book is so terrible sometimes and then, every once in awhile, you're reminded that there's an actual semi-decent story going along underneath all the garbage.




Dynamo 5 #16 (Image)


This was a solid issue that allows Scrap's makeshift team to both close a case and get to know one another better. I'm amused by the mother daughter team-up dialog. I hope to see the rest of the kids get back together at some point but it's nice that this story is building at a realistic, yet interest-holding, pace.




Booster Gold #12 (DC)


This is just an out and out fun book. It's nostalgic and yet still creates new plot (that sometimes makes no sense at all). I like that Booster's sister is his partner now - with Ted gone Booster really needs someone to play off of him.




Neozoic #6 (Red 5 Comics)


This is one of my favorite comics ever! The plot line is really heating up even more. Also, what an awesome cover. I have to say that Neozoic has some of the best covers ever.




Black Canary/Green Arrow #12 (DC)


I'm so confused by this book right now. Plastic Man clones? Ollie's other illegitimate child? How many does he have? Should I really care that Mia has a date next issue?
At least Conner's back now, kind of. *sigh*




Invincible#52 (Image)


Interesting developments this issue, but I still don't know if I like Mark's new costume. I'm curious to see what kind of character 'Kid Omni Boy' turns out to be.





Heroes Season 2


As much as this was a short season it was very entertaining. Noah Bennett is my favorite character and he doesn't even have powers. Hiro is a close second. I'm looking forward to season 3 and I'll be sending the first two seasons to Jim in the next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment