Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Best and Worst of Last Week

I've already posted about some of the best books from last week by doing my reviews, so instead of rehashing the same stuff I thought I would instead try to do a strict ranking of the best comic to the worst comic from last week. This is just an experiment as I think it is inherently impossible to judge different genres against each other. It is why a comedy can never win an Oscar. Still, what the hell.

LEFT ON MISSION #2 (of 5)
HELLBLAZER #232
SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #30
SPIRIT #6
BIRDS OF PREY #106
DYNAMO 5 #3
CAPTAIN AMERICA #26
COVER GIRL #2 (of 5)
COUNTDOWN #49
WISDOM #6 (of 6)
GUTSVILLE #1 (of 6)
NEWUNIVERSAL #6
CRIMINAL #6
SHADOWPACT #13
AMERICAN VIRGIN #15
HEROES FOR HIRE #10
ROBIN #162
FANTASTIC FOUR #546
WETWORKS #9
===============================
SHE HULK #18
IRREDEEMABLE ANT-MAN #8
TESTAMENT #18
SUPERMAN BATMAN #35
UNIQUE #3 (of 3)
WONDER WOMAN #9
X-MEN #199
MADMAN ATOMIC COMICS #2

The separation point are books that could never show up again and in their current form I wouldn't care. Madman I have dropped and Unique is over. She-Hulk has been ruined by the Civil War stuff and is getting a new writer soon, Wonder Woman is being revamped again soon, Testament is just too tough to follow as monthly and I should just switch to trades. X-Men is a book I get for Gwen. Ant-Man and Superman/Batman should be cut from my list and I may do it soon, but I keep hoping Superman/Batman will be good and Ant Man is mildly amusing. That of course is how many weak books remain on my list, but one day I may go hard core and that line becomes critical.

3 comments:

  1. I'm getting misty eyed seeing the book on the top of your list.

    Chip

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'll send a hanky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH good lord already. Get a room ya bunch of cry babies!

    ReplyDelete