Thursday, May 03, 2007

Tiny is taught a new word

So another week has passed. I think the most amazing thing between my weekly posts is watching my children grow up. Yeah yeah, I know it sounds sappy but it's true. They change so much every week that it's incredible to watch. Well, actually, it’s amazing to watch the kids “play” together. My wife uses the word play, I would liken it to torturing each other.

The latest adventure involves the Boy and the Girl figuring out that Tiny will repeat anything you tell her. You see, Tiny, who just turned two, is quickly forming words and sentences and likes to use her newfound vocabulary. Now, I've heard the stories of nine year olds teaching their younger siblings wonderful phrases such as “stupid head” and the occasional curse word. I assumed we were safe because they didn’t really use those words. Once again, I have been proven wrong.

The other day we were all in the car and Tiny was happily pointing out the scenery. You know “Bay bay” for bank and "dump" for well... the dump. What can I say, I live in the country so I haul my own trash.

Well Boy and Girl decide to get into the action. They started simple with "wooshee gaga". And for the uneducated, it is what Olivia the pig's little brother says in all her books. Trust me, it's quite the rage at our house. As it turns out, and much to the frustration of the Boy and Girl, all Tiny can manage is "gaga."

Not to be detered, they moved onto "tree"... which quickly moved into "hynie" culminating with the classic “Tiny. Can you say fart?”

To which Tiny replied “Faaarrr. Faaarrrr” to joyous squeals of laughter.

There is an old saying that the youngest child typically becomes the comedian. Well, I think it's true because the other day, ever so softly, from the toy room I heard “Faaarrr. Faaarrrr” ...

Closely followed by joyous squeals of laughter.

1 comment:

  1. Awww.

    My toddler was at his grandparents recently when he let one rip. His grandma wanted to know if he had pooped, to which he calmly responded "no, I farted."

    That's all my fault, though, because I'm the one that uses that word, even going so far as to call him a farty-butt!

    25 going on 6, apparently. =D

    ReplyDelete