Friday, December 02, 2011

RIP Coach I



March 4, 1924-November 29, 2011


Coach I was my track and cross country coach at Franklin and Marshall College. He retired the same year I graduated, 1989. He was a great coach for a kid like me. I was of middling talent at best but he put me through my paces the same as any of the top guys on the teams. I never did much for the teams in terms of scoring (I think I scored all of 1 point in my 3 year track career), but he did a lot for me by allowing me to be a part of the team.


I would still see him when I returned to campus for reunions, both for my class and my wife's class. Any major event like that at F&M would find him around campus. Retirement didn't keep him from being a fixture of the place, and it won't be the same going back with him not there. Of course, he'll always be there to me.


For more details about his very interesting life,


No comments:

Post a Comment