Friday, April 09, 2010

A Fistful of Reviews


Kill Shakespeare #1 (IDW) - coming soon!


Wow, this book was a lot of fun :) I've always loved Shakespeare and pulling together a plot to have many of Shakespeare's characters interacting is just so cool! Check this book out - even if you are not a fan of the Bard's works you can still enjoy this debut issue. As a bonus the artwork is extremely appealing. I'm really looking forward to more issues.




Blackest Night #8 (DC)


A good ending to a captivating event. I haven't enjoyed a comic event this much in a very long time. I have also been enjoying my lantern rings. I wore my blue one to work just the other day! I was thrown off a bit by the mass resurrections but if dead is really dead from now on in the DCN I think that alone makes this storyline worth while. I feel awful for Kyle though. How do you choose between your soul mate and the woman who loved you enough to bring you back to life? The end battle in this was exceptional by the way. I'm also very exciting that Hawkman and Hawkgirl have been fixed. Bravo Geoff Johns, bravo!




Adventure Comics #9 (DC)


Oooo, more Legion! Better yet, a spotlight on Brainiac 5! Really, that alone was enough to make my week. I cannot wait to see how Brainy confronts his ancestor. It's always so exciting when one of my favorite Legionnaires gets the spotlight. Beyond that I enjoyed the telepathic slap in the face - work together Kryptonians, telepathy commands you!




Wonder Woman #42 (DC)


This cover is deceptive. Seriously. Oh well, as much as I could have been happy with more GL stories WW was in this issue too. This book is mediocre at the moment - which is something I never thought I'd say about a Gail Simone book. I am interested to see where she's going with the idea of Diana having an Aunt who's also some sort of space pirate. Ok, maybe not a pirate, but still... it has potential. I'm not sure if the potential will go in a positive or negative direction though. Only time will tell.




X-Men: Second Coming #1 (Marvel)


Wow, I am almost interested in a Marvel book again! Amazing! I am intrigued enough with the Hope character to continue reading. I really hope something is done to revive the flagging mutant population as I am a bit tired of the mutant annihilation imminent status quo. Even so, they need to restore Kitty already. What's the point of following the X books when my favorite character is essentially in limbo?

No comments:

Post a Comment