Sunday, November 02, 2008

A Fistful of Reviews: Belated

I cannot express how happy I am that Halloween is finally over.




Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #2 of 5 (DC)


I was very sad to see Rond Vidar's fate this issue. Of course I am also extremely curious to see how much more is explained about the Green Lanterns and what happened to them. Sodom Yat needs a hair cut though - the mohawk is just too much. I loved the Brainiac 5's all arguing with one another, that was fantastic. I also loved the part where Cos tells off Garth and explains that he's the one who leads so that Garth and Imra can have each other. I thought it was a very insightful glance into Cos' character. I am both worried and excited about the next issue.




Air #3 (Vertigo)


I am still loving this series. It is not what I expected at all and as much as it is extremely bizarre it is a lot of fun. The art and writing work well together and the overall story is very enjoyable. My favortie part is still the love story though and I can't wait to see where that leads.



Atomic Robo #3 (Red 5 Comics)


This is always a fun book, although I have to agree with Jim as far as the setting goes - I'd like to see more Robo stories outside of the WW II setting as those have been some of my favorites. Still this was a fun spy game story and I look forward to the next issue.




Brave and Bold #18 (DC)


As much as I truly respect Marv Wolfman as a writer, this was a terribly written story. I felt that the characterization, for both characters but Supergirl especially, was completely off key. I know that Kara has been written differently across the board but she struck me as ridiculously annoying and whiny and as having nothing redeemable in her personality. Also, with the Brainiac story in the Superman comics is seems as if her origins are being redefined. Either way, I didn't like this issue.




Dynamo 5 #17 (Image)


This was a really good issue as we finally get the chance to find out more about Maddie and how she ended up with a cheating bastard like Captain Dynamo in the first place. I find it interesting that even though he betrayed her so many times she still seems to love him. I'm also interested to see how she's going to explain the whole ex-FLAG agent thing.





S&B vs Vampires and Werewolves #1 (DC)


Can I just say - this concept cracks me us. The whole time I was reading this issue I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. Good timing for Halloween though. It wasn't a great book, but it was entertaining at a certain level. I still snicker every time I read the title.




Casey Blue: Beyond Tomorrow # 6 (Wildstorm)


Six issues later I am still not overly impressed with this book. I mean, it's alright, but it's not great and things happen at a very odd pace. Overall I'm fairly disappointed in what could have been a better executed concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment