Friday, May 07, 2010

Allostatic Load Rising

While I actually managed to squeeze in some time for reading this week I decided to forgo my usual fistful of reviews. You see, there's just too much going on right now.


For those of you who don't know I'm graduating with my BA today. While this should be exciting (and somewhere in the back of my mind, it is) I find myself dealing with a lot of stress. First, there was finals. Finals are almost always stressful but this time there was the extra added pressure of pass or don't graduate. I'm sure I passed my finals, so far I have 2 As a S (on an S/U scale) and an unknown grade that irks me... but worse case I ended up with a B. So I should be free and clear, right? Hah!


While I am excited to have my family in town for graduation that also means I have to clean the house. Normally this would be okay, but this time I have my grandmother staying with us - which means that I can no longer put off setting up the guest room. So I painted it today (because asking someone to sleep surrounded by fluorescent pea green seemed cruel) and went to set up the bed frame my fiance's sister gave us... only to find that the supports were missing. Long story short, I ended up at Home Depot on the other side of town purchasing lumber.


I still have a lot of work to do before the party on Saturday too =/


As for comic books -




The Last Stand of New Krypton event wrapped up nicely. Of course I am a sucker for anything involving the Legion of Superheroes and having Brainy/Kara time was a nice bonus. I'm glad to see Mon'el back in his old costume and off to help the Legion with the bottle worlds. I'm really not sure why Supes stopped Zod from killing Brainiac... I mean, I'm intrigued that Brainiac 5 took him away but it seemed to make perfect sense that Brainiac would have been executed. Ah well, Jim Gordon should have killed the Joker back in the day too, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen. The War of the Supermen event seems almost anti-climatic after all that's happened but I guess I'll have to wait and see how it turns out. Mostly I'm just looking forward to more Legion stories :)





Over in the Marvel Universe... I really hate Marvel right now. Here I was actually enjoying all the Hope stuff as an event and what does Marvel do?


THEY KILL NIGHTCRAWLER ><


I hate you Marvel. Why would you do this to me? Kurt has been one of my two favorite Marvel characters for a very very long time. I even enjoyed the Nightcrawler mini-series... that's how much I love this character. And now he is dead. I mean sure, they gave him a noble death and all. But it doesn't matter because with Kurt dead and Kitty stuck in phased form I have no attachment to any of the remaining characters. I just don't care what happens to them anymore. Perhaps I'll change my mind after I'm less pissed off by this, but for now Marvel is dead to me.


...and now I'm off to see Iron Man 2 *cough*


Those were my high and low comic book points this week. I enjoyed Stumptown, Echo, Madame Xanadu and GLCorps. Also, the FCBD Mouse Guard book was a nice way to introduce new readers to the story. I've also been perusing the Mouse Guard RP book I got for Christmas as I'm thinking of trying to run a game. So far it seems like a fun and easy to play RP game. It could be fun to try it out.


When next I post I'll have my BA - hopefully I will also have my sanity.

3 comments:

  1. Nightcrawler...DEAD? THOSE...BASTARDS!!!!!!

    I always liked him....damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Cause we all know he won't be brought back in a couple years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe they will Thomm, but until then I am in mourning.

    ReplyDelete