Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The Birthday List

Well, it’s that time of year again. It’s Lee’s Birthday. Actually, today is my Birthday.

I know, I know, you’re all disappointed because I didn’t give you enough warning to get me something. But that’s ok. Because I’ve been so busy, I am extending my birthday for another two weeks just so YOU, my loyal readers, can go out an buy me an extra special gift. So, with that in mind, let’s get into the gift ideas:

Idea #1: Nothing says I love you like a national monument.
Now, because I’m moving to France next month, it’s makes sense to get a monument that’s not only practical but available for me to use. That’s why I’m recommending the Eiffel Tower. Pro: It’s not that far from where I’m going to be living so I’ll be able to use it often. Con: There’s an awful lot of people crawling all over it on a daily basis and I might have to let them continue to do so. Pro: At the top, I would have a great view of Paris. And, if you purchase it for me, I will make sure to provide unlimited access to the Tower… as long as I’m not there!

Idea #2: It isn’t for me, it’s for you!
Let’s be honest, moving is hard enough but moving to a new country is very, very hard. So, in order to make the transition to my new French lifestyle, I would like a maid service. This isn’t just a gift for me, it’s a gift for my entire family! It would take the pressure of having to keep a clean house off my wife, and thereby reduce my stress levels. I am nothing, if not generous, on my birthday.

Idea #3: Love and World Peace
Oh who am I kidding. It's all about the material wealth. If you're feeling pressed for time, remember, gift cards are not impersonal!

Thank you all for a wonderful year and thank you in advance for all your wonderful gifts!

1 comment:

  1. What, you're Ward Cleaver now? Only your wife has the pressure of a clean house? ;-)

    What part of France is going to be your new home?

    ReplyDelete