Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Fistful of Reviews

This has been a long week so I mostly focused on the books that made me happy. On the upside I received my copy of Superman and the Legion of Superheroes which I immediately reread. It was glorious.



Action Comics #879 (DC)



I’m really enjoying the Flamebird and Nightwing storyline. I enjoy the mythical background behind the characters and it’s interesting to see how their story plays out. I’m hoping that their story doesn’t have to end in tragedy. I have to say that the changes in major books like Superman and Batman have been a refreshing change. I’m sure that we’ll be returned to the status quo all to soon so I intend to enjoy it while I can.




S&B #62 (DC)



Writing this issue with Robin (Tim) and Supergirl was a pleasant diversion. The story wasn’t terribly exciting but it was entertaining and you got a beginning, middle and end in one issue. That’s a rare thing these days and it’s nice to see every once in awhile. This would make a good leaving behind for the next person on the airplane issue.




Robotika #1&2 (ASP)



It is awesome to see this book back out. It was really nice of ASP to republish the first issue along with the second as it gives Robotika a better chance to find more of an audience. Alex’s art is gorgeous as always and with David Moran on board the story reads more smoothly. I am

grateful that CG’s voice has been “fixed”. It was a clever solution to the previous difficulty in reading CG’s statements. This is such a fun book and was my favorite comic of the week.




Streets of Gotham #2 (DC)



I love Paul Dini and the Batverse. The two just go together so very well. I’m also a big fan of all the backup stories DC is putting out there. Manhunter is the backup to SoG and it’s been great to continue to follow Kate’s story. SoG has been a solid and enjoyable edition to the Batverse so far.




Fables #86 (Vertigo)



This issue was alright I suppose. I guess I wasn’t terribly interested in the shadowy evil guy’s background so it was difficult to keep interest in this segue. The art is great as usual and the story was well done. I’m more interested in where things will go from here.




Blackest Night #1 (DC)



I’m not really sure how I feel about this book. It was well written. The art was nice. But I don’t know that I’m in the mood for death, despair and zombies at the moment. I’m sure I’ll get into it as it goes but I was pretty upset by Carter and Kendra’s murder. It was cool that both my boyfriend and I got some sweet Black Lantern rings!

No comments:

Post a Comment