Sunday, December 23, 2012

Comic Covers Sunday: The Christmas Version

In case you weren't aware Tuesday is Christmas.  I won't get into a rant about how "the holiday" started before Halloween.  Or how the kids have more sh*t than ever going on and I have been exhausted for a month.  It isn't time for that.  It's time to enjoy what's left of the Christmas season... and enjoy it with comic books.  Here are some of my favorites.

Christmas is Together Time
Few things say Christmas to me like Charlie Brown... and of course his Christmas special.  And, the title of this book really says it all.




More Christmas cheer below the break




Alvin and his Pals in Merry Christmas
Alvin's Christmas song is a classic which is played ad infinitum at our house every year. 



Bugs Bunny's Christmas Party
I always preferred Bugs Bunny over Mickey Mouse so here's a sample of one of his covers.


Christmas Annual
Another love of mine, 50's Christmas art.  This is very much in the advertising style of the day. 


Christmas Carnival
A very traditional cover.  Although, I am curious to see who Li'L Eskey and Big Moe are.






Snow for Christmas
Finally, another classic.  I love the style of art. 



Now, go enjoy the Holidays and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment