Saturday, August 20, 2011

Getting Ready for the Show...


While it's not as arduous as moving your house (I empathize Jim), getting ready for the Baltimore Comic-Con can be a real chore (for me). I even took the day off yesterday to prepare. I've actually been piddling around in my "room" all week. You see my books had gotten way too unorganized and my closet was so cluttered I could hardly stand to be in there. My main objective was to secure some Amazing Spider-Man's to sell today. I think I have some good books still -- I hope so, because my funds were quickly extinguished last year and I've got a backed-up wish list.




Anyway, the ASMs were strategically placed in the most inconvenient location and I wasn't going to pull them out until the room was in better shape. After about three hours of sleep, having been wakened from a thunderstorm and related power-outage, I headed downstairs to start working. I don't know how long I was down there this morning, but I "finished" around 0900. Due to low comic bagging, boarding, and boxing supplies, I've still got about four long boxes of mixed stuff. Good enough.

Now (as I write this) I've got to really get ready. Pick out the books, determine possible prices for easier negotiations. Pack some food for the show. Narrow and prioritize my comic book back issue lists. I've already got the two-day tickets for me and my oldest son (he now is full price -- "ouch"). I even have a print out of the layout and guest list so I can begin formulating my "battle plan". I know, I know -- I'm over-analyzing this to the nth degree. It's worse than picking books for vacation.

I'm exhausted right now, but I'm really looking forward to the show (Despite missing out on the Stan Lee VIP tickets -- I hope to at least get to see his panel on Sunday). Sorry for the shorter post, but there's still lots to do and I hope I can squeeze in a nap to make up for the sleep (and food) deprivation. If all goes well, I should have a report next Saturday similar to what I did last year.

No cosplaying for me, but I'll be likely wearing my same con-uniform again.

No comments:

Post a Comment